Sunday, February 9, 2014

Designing Lessons and Developing Curriculum with Technology

Compare and Contrast the student learning objectives and Understanding by Design approaches to lesson planning.


Student learning objectives are emphasize specific skills and information the students will learn in the classroom and will use as in the classrrom. In Florida the Sunshine State Standards are the learning objectives in the school here. Then their is Understanding by Design which is an approach to cirrumicular development set forth in a series of books by educators. The UBD has three componenets which are Identify desired results, Determine acceptable evidence and Plan learning experiences and instruction. Of course once you become a teacher you want all of your lesson plans to be successful and you want your students to learn and enjoy it. That is a huge reason why I want to become a teacher. Technology wraps up in all of this because that is how teachers can make their lesson plans more engaging! I completely  agree with this and how teachers can incorporate their planning online. There are many tools teachers can use to plan their lesson plans online.






Tech Tool 4.1


One thing I really like about this book is the tech tools. I really think it is awesome I love how they have an option for apps. When I was reading chapter 4 I came across an app that is called My lesson Plan. This app allows teachers to use pre-established templates to support lesson planning and the lesson plans are made by other teachers. You can even have the app fit the requirements of your school district or school. I think that is really awesome and something I would love to try in my classroom one day! As you can see I am a really huge fan of apps!











Chapter 4 is about how teachers can incorporate the state standards and their lesson plans with technology. While I read this chapter I got a lot of good information about apps and other websites teachers can use online to make their lesson plans. Also in the chapter it talks about how teachers can use different approaches to assessments. For example teachers can use test and performance assessments before, during and after the lesson to see what the students new before the lesson what they are learning and how well they retain the information. I really like this chapter thought it was full of very good information about more apps and websites that teachers can you! I can not wait to see what comes next!




Maloy, Robert W. "Designing Lessons and Developing Curriculum WithTechnology." Transforming Learning with New Technologies. Boston: Pearson/Allyn and Bacon, 2011. 74-91. Print.


"My LessonPlan." App Store. N.p., n.d. Web. 09 Feb. 2014.





1 comment:

  1. Apps are truly amazing in how they interact with both web content and our mobile devices - they really can be life-savers. The one you discovered in Tech Tools looks to be a good one - by the time you get your own classroom, the technology will likely change and likely for the better! :) Though we don't know what that may look like now, it is a 'given' considering the quick changes in technology!

    ReplyDelete